Sunday, September 06, 2009

Guess Who's Back?

Greeting!

It is with great elation and renewed enthusiasm  that I official announce the resurrection of Medicinal Music - The Blog. I can't believe that it has been almost four years since my last post and  I can promise it will not take another four years for my next post. There are a lot of exciting things going on in music and I would be remiss if I were to pass up on writing about it.

There will be some significant changes from the previous incarnation of Medicinal Music - The Blog. Most noticeably, the blog will not be exclusively about 1906s psychedelic, garage rock, and pre-punk. While this genre remains one of my favorites, the restrictions tied to writing about a finite era of music led to the demise of the original blog. Instead of just focusing on one genre of music, you will find posts about music news, reviews, concert photos, and opinion pieces on a wide variety of music. Whether it be classic rock, indie rock, hip hop, or smaller niche genres like pre-punk or (my new favorite) 1960s french pop, I will write about whatever has caught my ears at the moment.

You will also notice some minor aesthetic changes to the layout of the blog, as well as a new list of links and (since its 2009) a feed from my twitter account. Feel free to follow me @brianmoshe

With this being a holiday weekend, Im not sure whether the first official post will be tomorrow or Tuesday, but I will say that the first series of posts will relate to the to-be-released remasters of The Beatles catalog. For the first time since originally released on CD in 1987, The Beatles catalogs have received a much needed upgrade in sound quality. These albums will be released on Tuesday, available individually or as a complete boxset in stereo or, for the serious audiophile/Beatles purist, a boxset presenting their albums (from Please Please Me to The White Album) in their original mono mixes. I highly recommend purchasing these remasters - they sound fantastic and the sound quality changes are noticable to even the most novice ears.

Anyway, that's all for now. I hope everyone has a fun, safe Labor Day Weekend.

No comments: